Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Calm before the storm

Practice, practice and more practice at least that is what was on Tuesday's schedule. I played 18 holes with Brendan Post today during what will likely be the coolest part of the day. It was far and away the most relaxed I've been during a practice round for a PGA event which was probably why the golf ball was traveling in the right direction. The putter, for some reason is a little shaky so Wednesday will be spent on the practice green getting used to tournament speeds. The other 358 days of the year are spent on slower speeds. Not to worry though I'm a quick study. In other news the tee times are out and I'm starting for the second year in a row on #10 at 9:00 am. On Friday it will be on #1 at 2:10 pm. Most likely I won't get any air time since the telecast only begins at 1:00 pm although if the round is taking longer than usual like last year they could get us on our last hole which will be #9. The t.v. towers are on the back nine holes #10-18 and of course #9 which is where the stationary broadcast booth will be located. It should be a beautiful sight as the broadcasters are overlooking the lake on #9. Remember if anyone needs tix for the event please email me. Tonight by the way, I'm involved in a celebrity shootout where I will be paired with a news media member, a celebrity of some kind and an armed forces person. Not sure what the format will be but most likely a photo shoot opportunity...I will fill you in tomorrow with the details and results, DL

No comments: